REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the oil pump inlet tube and screen assembly.
- Remove the oil pump attaching bolts, oil pump gasket and the intermediate shaft.
- Prime the oil pump by filling the inlet and outlet port with engine oil and rotating the shaft of the pump to distribute it.
- Position the intermediate driveshaft into the distributor socket.
- Position the new gasket on the pump body and insert the intermediate driveshaft into the pump body.
- Install the pump and intermediate shaft as an assembly.
Do not force the pump if it does not seat readily. The driveshaft may be misaligned with the distributor shaft. To align it, rotate the intermediate driveshaft into a new position.
- Install and tighten the oil pump attaching screws.
- Install the oil pan.