REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Without Air Conditioning
The right side ventilator assembly must be removed for access to the blower motor and wheel.
- Remove the retaining screw for the right register duct mounting bracket.
- Remove the screws holding the control cable lever assembly to the instrument panel.
- Remove the glove box liner.
- Remove the plastic rivets securing the grille to the floor outlet, and remove the grille.
- Remove the right register duct and register assembly:
- Remove the register duct bracket retaining screw on the lower edge of the instrument panel, and disengage the duct from the opening and remove it through the glove box opening.
- Insert a thin blade under the retaining tab and pry the tab toward the louvers until the retaining tab pivot clears the hole in the register opening. Pull the register assembly end out of the housing only enough to prevent the pivot from going back into the pivot hole. Pry the other retaining tab loose and remove the register assembly from the opening.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the ventilator assembly to the blower housing. The upper right screw can be reached with a long extension through the register opening; the upper left screw can be reached through the glove box opening. The other two screws are on the bottom of the assembly.
- Slide the assembly to the right, then down and out from under the instrument panel.
- Remove the motor lead wire connector from the register and push it back through the hole in the case. Remove the right side cowl trim panel for access, and remove the ground terminal lug retaining screw.
- Remove the hub clamp spring from the motor shaft and remove the blower wheel.
- Remove the blower motor bolts from the housing and remove the motor.
- Installation is the revere of the removal procedure.
The air inlet duct and blower housing assembly must be removed for access to the blower motor.
- Remove the glove box liner and disconnect the hose from the vacuum motor.
- Remove the instrument panel lower right side-to-cowl attaching bolt.
- Remove the screw attaching the brace to the top of the air inlet duct.
- Disconnect the motor wire.
- Remove the housing lower support bracket-to-case nut.
- Remove the side cowl trim panel and remove the ground wire screw.
- Remove the attaching screw at the top of the air inlet duct.
- Remove the air inlet duct and housing assembly down and away from the evaporator case.
- Remove the four blower motor mounting plate screws and remove the blower motor and wheel as an assembly from the housing. Do not remove the mounting plate from the motor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.