REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the hood and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Using a small prytool, carefully remove the cover lens from the lamp assembly.
- On the dome or dome/map lamps, gently grasp the light bulb and pull it free of the two metal contacts. On the cargo lamp, grasp the bulb gently and twist it 1/8 turn counterclockwise, then pull it out of the socket.
- Before installing the light bulb into the socket or contacts, ensure that all electrical conducting surfaces are free of corrosion or dirt.
- For the cargo lamp, insert the light bulb into the socket and, while depressing the bulb into the socket, twist it 1/8 turn clockwise until the two pins on the light bulb are properly engaged in the socket. For the dome or dome/map lamp, insert the bulb between the two metal contacts.
- To ensure that the replacement bulb functions properly, temporarily connect the negative battery cable, then activate the applicable switch to illuminate the bulb which was just replaced. If the bulb illuminates, continue with this procedure. If the replacement light bulb does not illuminate, either it is faulty or there is a problem in the bulb circuit or switch.
- Install the cover lens until its retaining tabs are properly engaged.
- If not already done, connect the negative battery cable and close the hood.