Fairmonts and Zephyrs use the two, or four headlamp system depending on the body style of the car. In 1980 and later years the four headlamp models use halogen sealed beams. The halogen sealed beams provide a whiter light while reducing the electrical load. Although the halogen sealed beams are interchangeable with the conventional sealed beams it is recommended that all headlamps on the car be of the same kind.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the headlamp door mounting screws and remove the headlamp door.
- Remove the four retainer ring screws and remove the retainer ring from the headlamp. Pull the headlamp bulb forward and disconnect the wiring assembly plug.
- Connect the wiring plug to the new headlamp bulb and position the bulb so that the bulb tabs are in the slots.
- Attach the bulb retaining ring to the assembly and install the screws.
- Place the headlamp door in position and install the mounting screws.