Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
- Loosen the clutch pressure plate-to-flywheel bolts evenly, by two turns at a time.
Remove the clutch pressure plate-to-flywheel bolts, the clutch disc, and the pressure plate. Discard the bolts.
Clean the clutch pressure plate and flywheel with a commercial alcohol-based solvent so surfaces are free from oil film.
WARNINGDo not use cleaners with a petroleum base. Do not immerse the clutch pressure plate in solvent.
- Position the clutch disc on the clutch pressure plate.
- Using a suitable clutch aligner, centralize the clutch disc to the clutch pressure plate.
- Using a suitable clutch aligner, position the clutch disc and clutch pressure plate on the flywheel.
- Install the six new clutch pressure plate-to-flywheel bolts.
Tighten the bolts evenly in a star pattern to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm)
WARNINGRemove the clutch aligner.
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Install the clutch disc and pressure plate, using a proper clutch alignment tool.
- Tighten the pressure plate bolts evenly in 1 / 2 turns to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Install the transaxle. See -Manual Transaxle Assembly- section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.