Removal & Installation
2.0L (VIN N) & 2.3L (VIN Z) Engine
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Camshaft position (CMP) sensor electrical connector
- Clean and inspect the sealing surfaces.
- Inspect the valve cover gaskets for damage. Install new gaskets if necessary.
- Install the valve cover and bolts and tighten to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm) in the sequence shown.
- Reposition the fuel injection supply wiring harness.
- Install the bracket and bolt.
- Install the two wire connectors on the bracket.
- Reposition the radio interference capacitor bracket (if equipped).
- Connect the upper HO2S electrical connector.
- Connect the fuel injector electrical connectors.
- Connect the fuel pressure regulator electrical connector and the vacuum hose.
- Install the wiring harness retainers on the valve cover studs.
- Install the breather tube on the valve cover.
Install the coil-on-plug assemblies.
NOTEPush the coil assemblies down firmly until the boot seal has sealed the access hole.
- Install the coil assemblies.
- Install the coil assembly bolts.
- Connect the ignition coil electrical connectors.
- Connect the cylinder head temperature (CHT) sensor electrical connector.
- Position the CHT boot.
- Connect the camshaft position (CMP) sensor electrical connector.
- Connect the battery ground cable.