Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Disconnect battery negative cable from battery and properly isolate to prevent accidental reconnection.
Remove the strut assembly from the vehicle.
CAUTIONAs the spring is under extreme tension care must be taken at all times. Failure to follow this instruction may result in personal injury.
- Using a suitable coil spring compressor, compress the spring.
- Loosen the thrust bearing nut using an Allen key to prevent shaft rotation.
Disassemble the strut and spring assembly as follows:
Remove the thrust bearing nut.
The strut unit is assembled in the reverse order of disassembly.
- Make sure the top mount is correctly seated onto the thrust bearing before assembly.
- Make sure the spring ends butt correctly against the spring seats, color code at the bottom.
- Make sure the bump stop is installed with the flat surface uppermost.
- Install a new thrust bearing nut and tighten to 35 ft. lbs. (38 Nm)
- Install the strut assembly.