The lower control arm bushings are replaced with the lower control arm as an assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Use new nuts, bolts and ball bearing washers for assembly.
Install the control arm. Tighten the fasteners in sequence as follows:
- Step 1: Tighten nut No. 1 to 74 ft. lbs. (100 Nm) plus 60 degrees
- Step 2: Tighten nut No. 2 to 88 ft. lbs. (120 Nm)
- Step 3: Tighten bolt No. 3 to 88 ft. lbs. (120 Nm) plus 90 degrees
- Step 4: Check that bolt No. 3 is tightened to 125-169 ft. lbs. (170-230 Nm)
Install or connect the following:
Lower ball joint. Tighten the pinch bolt to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
Check the wheel alignment and adjust as necessary.