Removal & Installation
Brake fluid contains polyglycol ethers and polyglycols. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. If brake fluid contacts eyes, flush eyes with running water for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation persists. If taken internally, drink water and induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury.
Brake fluid is harmful to painted and plastic surfaces. If brake fluid is spilled onto a painted or plastic surface, immediately wash it with water.
Electronic modules are sensitive to electrical charges. The ABS module can be damaged if exposed to these charges.
When installing a new ABS module, it must be configured (using vehicle as-built data) and calibrated. Follow the diagnostic tool directions for the calibration procedures.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the HCU electrical connector.
Remove the 4 ABS module screws, then remove the ABS module.
- Install the ABS module. Tighten the screws to 53 inch lbs. (6 Nm).
- Attach the HCU electrical connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- If a new ABS module was installed, it must be configured (using vehicle as-built data) and calibrated. Follow the diagnostic tool directions for the calibration procedures.