Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
Remove the 3 pin-type retainers and the ABS splash shield.
NOTEBrake lines must be re-installed in the same location as removed.
- Loosen the brake line-to-Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) fittings and position the brake lines aside.
- Disconnect the HCU electrical connector.
- Remove the 3 HCU bracket-to-frame bolts.
Remove the 2 bracket-to-HCU bolts, then remove the HCU.
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Please note the following tightening specifications:
- Brake line fittings: 13 ft. lbs. (17 Nm)
- HCU bracket-to-frame bolts: 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm)
- HCU bracket-to-HCU bolts: 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm)
- Bleed the brake system, as outlined in this section