Removal & Installation
This procedure requires the following special tools or their equivalents: Crankshaft Vibration Damper Remover 303-009 (T58P-6316-D), Crankshaft Vibration Damper Remover 303-176 (T82L-6316-B), Crankshaft Vibration Damper Installer 303-176 (T82L-6316-A),
During engine repair procedures, cleanliness is extremely important. Any foreign material, including any material created while cleaning gasket surfaces, that enters the oil passages, coolant passages or the oil pan can cause engine failure.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the accessory drive belt, as outlined in this section.
- Remove the 2 pin-type retainers and the shield.
- Disconnect the right side front anti-lock brake wheel sensor electrical connector.
- Position a safety stand under the RH side of the subframe.
Remove the bolts and lower the RH side of the subframe 2 inches (50.8mm).
- Remove the crankshaft pulley bolt and washer.
Using the special tool, remove the crankshaft pulley.
Apply a bead of sealant to the keyway in the crankshaft pulley.
Using the special tool, install the crankshaft pulley.
- Install the crankshaft pulley washer and the bolt. Tighten to 118 ft. lbs. (160 Nm).
- Raise the subframe into position, then install the bolts. Tighten to 127 ft. lbs. (175 Nm).
- Connect the RH front anti-lock brake wheel sensor electrical connector.
- Install the shield and the 2 pin-type retainers.
- Install the accessory drive belt.