Overhaul (Coil Spring Removal & Installation)
- Position a suitable pass through socket wrench onto the strut shaft nut.
- Place a 10 mm six point deep socket on the strut top retaining nut.
- Remove the strut shaft while holding the retaining nut in place.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Remove the upper shock mount and bearing assembly.
- Remove the coil spring.
- To reassemble, reverse the disassembly procedure. Tighten the strut top retaining nut to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
Removal & Installation
Do not allow the axle shaft to move outward as damage to the CV joint may result.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and place the steering column in the unlocked position.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Push down on the steering knuckle until the strut is free of the steering knuckle and remove the strut.
- Push down on the steering knuckle and insert the bottom of the strut into the steering knuckle.
- Install the upper strut mounting nuts and tighten them to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Install strut-to-wheel knuckle pinch bolt and tighten to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
Install or connect the following:
Stabilizer bar link nut and tighten to 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm).
- Check the wheel alignment.