Removal & Installation
The wheel bearing is integral with the wheel hub and cannot be replaced separately. If the wheel bearing is found to be defective, the wheel hub must be replaced as an assembly.
- With the vehicle on the ground, remove and discard the axle shaft nut.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper and wire it out of the way.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Using a puller, remove the driveshaft from the hub and bearing housing.
- Remove 3 hub attaching bolts, and remove the hub and bearing assembly.
- Position the dust shield over the hub and fit the hub and bearing into the knuckle and seat it fully before installing the attaching bolts. Tighten the bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
Install or connect the following: