Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Depressurize the fuel system and drain the fuel into a suitable container.
Remove the fuel filler pipe.
CAUTIONSome fuel may remain in the filler pipe.
- Support the fuel tank.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors and fuel line fittings.
- Disconnect the retaining straps and lower the tank.
Remove any dirt that has accumulated around the fuel pump module attaching flange to prevent it from entering the tank during service.
- Turn the fuel pump module locking ring counterclockwise using a locking ring removal tool, and remove the locking ring.
- Remove the fuel pump module.
- Remove the seal gasket and discard it.
- Put a light coating of grease on a new seal ring to hold it in place during assembly. Install it in the fuel tank ring groove.
- Insert the fuel pump module into the fuel tank, then secure it in place with the locking ring. Tighten the ring to 60 ft. lbs. (81 Nm).
- Install the tank in the vehicle.
- Install a minimum of 10 gallons (38L) of fuel and check for leaks.
- Check for fuel leaks at the fittings.
- Start the engine and check for fuel leaks.