- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a clean container for reuse.
- Disconnect the heater hoses from the heater core inlet and outlet tubes in the engine compartment.
- Remove the steering column lower covers.
- Remove the center storage compartment
- Remove the upper instrument panel finish cover.
Remove the instrument panel bolts (9) at the top and driver side of the instrument panel.
NOTEInsert a long bolt or threaded rod in place of the left side instrument panel attaching bolt to support the instrument panel when removing the attaching bolts.
Loosen the passenger side instrument panel bolts approximately halfway.
- Remove the center instrument panel support brace.
- From inside the glove box, remove the attaching bolt.
- Pull the instrument panel outward approximately 3 inches.
- Remove the lower center air duct.
- Disconnect the heater core wiring connector.
Remove the heater core cover and heater core.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
Please note the following torque specifications:
Upper instrument panel bolts. Torque the bolts to 44 INCH lbs. (5 Nm).
- Refill the cooling system.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Run the engine to normal operating temperatures; then, check the climate control operation and check for leaks.