Removal & Installation
When any new lock cylinder is installed, the door lock cylinder(s) and ignition lock cylinder are installed as a set. This eliminates carrying an extra key which fits only 1 lock. If a new key is used, the new key code number is stamped on a metal tag attached to the key.
Individual lock cylinders are repaired by discarding the inoperative cylinder and building a new lock cylinder using the appropriate lock repair package. The lock repair package includes a detailed instruction sheet to build the new lock cylinder to the current key code of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition key to the RUN position.
- Using a suitable tool, press the ignition lock cylinder release button.
- Remove the ignition lock cylinder by pulling outward.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.