Removal & Installation
Remove the window regulator.
WARNINGThe window regulator has a counterbalanced spring. The window glass must be in the up position, or the regulator arm must be blocked to prevent it from springing open when the window motor is removed. Failure to follow these instructions may result in personal injury.
Remove the 3 bolts and the front door window regulator motor.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure and tighten the window regulator motor bolts to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Remove the front door trim panel.
- Position the watershield aside.
- Connect the window control switch. If necessary, connect the battery.
Lower the window enough to gain access to the door window glass rivets, then remove the rivets.
If removing only the front door window glass regulator assembly and motor, tape the window in the closed position after removing the rivets.
- Remove the 4 window regulator rivets.
Remove the 3 window regulator nuts.
Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the front door window regulator.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure. Tighten the 3 window regulator nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (12 Nm).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the window control switch bezel.
- Remove the 2 screws.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors.
- Remove the window control switch.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.