If contaminated refrigerant is detected, DO NOT recover the refrigerant into R-134a recovery/recycling equipment.
A new suction accumulator or receiver/drier must be installed as directed by the air conditioning system flushing procedure.
- Recover the contaminated refrigerant using suitable recovery-only equipment designed for capturing and storing contaminated refrigerant only.
- If this equipment is not available, contact an A/C service facility in your area with the correct equipment to carry out this service.
- Determine and correct the cause of the customers initial concern.
- Flush the air conditioning system.
- Dispose of the contaminated refrigerant in accordance with all federal, state and local regulations.