Inspection & Overhaul
Once the oil pump is removed, inspect the oil pump drive gear, driven gear and cover. Install new components if necessary. Also, inspect the face of the oil pump for flatness.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the A/C compressor and wire aside.
- Remove the A/C compressor mounting bracket
- Remove the oil filter.
Remove the oil pump attaching bolts. Lift the oil pump from the engine.
- Place the oil pump in the proper position with a new gasket and install the retaining bolt.
- Tighten the oil pump retaining bolt to the proper torque as shown.
- Install the oil filter.
- Install the A/C compressor mounting bracket. Torque the bolts to 35 ft. lbs. 47 Nm).
- Install the A/C compressor.
- Fill the engine with clean oil.
Connect the negative battery cable.
NOTECheck for proper engine oil pressure immediately after starting the engine. If engine oil pressure is not within specification a few seconds after starting the engine, stop the engine and determine the reason for the low oil pressure condition. Running an engine with low oil pressure may result in serious engine damage.
- Start the engine and check for leaks.