Removal & Installation
Raise and safely support the vehicle.
WARNINGThe rear axle assembly must be supported before removal of the trackbar arm or the retaining bolts to prevent damage to the vehicle components. The rear axle U-channel must fit completely into the saddle of the jack stand to prevent damage to the rear axle.
- Support the rear axle with a jack stand.
- Disconnect the trackbar arm from the rear axle, as follows:
- Remove the trackbar from the mounting bracket:
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Please observe the following tightening specifications:
- Track arm bolt: 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm)
- Trackbar arm-to-axle mounting bracket bolt: 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm)