Removal & Installation
Suspension fasteners are critical parts because they affect performance of vital components and systems and their failure can result in major service expense. They must be replaced with the same part number, or an equivalent part, if replacement is necessary. Do not use a replacement part of lesser quality or substitute design. Torque values must be used as specified during reassembly to ensure proper retention of these parts.
Raise and safely support the vehicle.
WARNINGThe rear axle assembly must be supported before removal of the trackbar arm or the retaining bolts to prevent damage to the vehicle components. The rear axle U-channel must fit completely into the saddle of the jack stand to prevent damage to the rear axle.
- Support the rear axle with a jack stand.
- Disconnect the trackbar arm from the rear axle, as follows:
- Remove the trackbar from the mounting bracket:
Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Please observe the following tightening specifications:
- Track arm bolt: 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm)
- Trackbar arm-to-axle mounting bracket bolt: 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm)