Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- Remove the brake caliper and wire aside.
- Remove the brake rotor.
Disconnect the ABS speed sensor.
NOTEThe rear axle will need to be supported when the shock absorbers are removed.
- Remove the wheel hub and bearing assembly.
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Slowly lower the rear axle assembly until the rear spring can be removed.
- Remove the rear spring.
- Position the rear spring insulator on the rear axle assembly and press the insulator downward into place. Verify rear spring insulator is properly seated into correct position.
- Slowly raise the rear axle assembly with a jack, and guide the upper rear spring insulator onto the upper spring seat on the underbody.
- Position the shock absorber on the lower rear axle assembly and tighten the upper shock absorber retaining bolt to 76 ft. lbs. (103 Nm), and the lower bolt to 59 ft. lbs. (80 Nm).
- Install the wheel hub and bearing assembly and tighten the bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).
- Connect the ABS speed sensor.
- Install the brake rotor and caliper.
- Install the wheels.
Lower the vehicle.