- Partially drain the cooling system to a level below the thermostat.
- Remove the air cleaner outlet tube.
- Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the thermostat housing.
Remove the thermostat housing-to-engine bolts and the thermostat housing.
NOTEMark the location of the vent pin before removing the thermostat.
- Remove the thermostat.
Discard the gasket.
- Position a new gasket.
Install the thermostat. Tighten the thermostat housing-to-engine bolts in two stages:
- Stage 1: Tighten the thermostat housing-to-engine bolts to 71 inch lbs. (8 Nm).
- Stage 2: Tighten an additional 60 degrees.
- Connect the upper radiator hose to the thermostat housing.
- Install the air cleaner outlet tube.
- Fill and bleed the cooling system.