Removal & Installation
- Remove the 2 brake caliper anchor plate bolts and position the brake caliper and anchor plate assembly aside.
- Mark a wheel stud and mark the corresponding brake disc wheel stud hole. This ensures the lowest front brake disc runout is maintained during reassembly.
Remove and discard the 3 brake disc (rotor) screws.
NOTEIf the brake disc cannot be removed easily, apply rust penetrant on the brake disc-to-hub mating surfaces.
- Remove the brake disc (rotor).
- Measure the front brake disc. and resurface as necessary. Install a new front brake disc if beyond specifications.
- Use metal brake parts cleaner to clean any rust or debris from the front brake disc and hub surfaces.
- Apply a thin coat of anti-seize lubricant to the hub flange.
- Install the brake disc, aligning the marks on the disc and the wheel stud.
- Position the brake caliper and brake caliper anchor plate assembly and install the 2 bolts. Torque the bolts to 136 ft. lbs. (185 Nm).