Removal & Installation
- With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position the knock sensor (KS) heat shield aside.
- Disconnect the KS electrical connector.
- Remove the bolt and the KS.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the sensor bolt to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
There is real no test for this sensor, the sensor produces it's own signal based on information gathered while the engine is running. The sensors also are usually inaccessible without major component removal. The sensors can be monitored with an appropriate scan tool using a data display or other data stream information. Follow the instructions included with the scan tool for information on accessing the data. The only test available is to test the continuity of the harness from the PCM to the sensor.