Drain the engine cooling system.
CAUTIONThe brake aspirator tube must be fully seated in the air cleaner outlet pipe or a vacuum leak will occur.
- Disconnect the positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) and brake aspirator tubes from the air cleaner outlet pipe.
- Disconnect the mass air flow (MAF) sensor electrical connector.
Loosen the air cleaner outlet tube clamp at the electronic throttle body.
NOTENo tools are needed to remove or install the air cleaner housing. Removal or installation should be carried out using hands only.
- Remove the air cleaner housing cover and outlet tube assembly.
- Disconnect the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor electrical connector.
- Remove the hairpin clip and the ECT sensor.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure noting the following: Use the alignment notches to correctly align the air cleaner housing cover to the air cleaner tray. Lubricate the O-ring seal with clean engine coolant.