Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle on a hoist.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Remove the right side fender splash shield.
- Hold the crankshaft pulley and remove the pulley bolt.
- Using a puller, remove the crankshaft pulley.
- Use a seal replacer and pull out the oil seal.
- Coat the crankshaft seal lip with clean engine oil.
- Using a seal installer, install the seal.
- Lubricate the front cover and crankshaft seal inner lip with clean engine oil.
- Apply silicone sealant to the crankshaft keyway in the pulley.
- Using an installer, screw the crankshaft pulley on the crankshaft.
- Hold the crankshaft pulley from turning and install the pulley bolt and washer and tighten as follows: Step 1; tighten the bolt to 86 ft. lbs. (120 Nm). Step 2; loosen the bolt one full turn. Step 3; tighten to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm). Step 4; tighten an additional 90 degrees.
- Install the right side fender splash shield.
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Lower the vehicle.