Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the engine oil.
- Remove the timing chain components.
- Remove the oil pan.
- Remove the oil pump screen and pickup tube.
Remove the oil pump attaching bolts in the sequence shown.
- Place the oil pump in the proper position with a new gasket and install the retaining bolts.
- Tighten the oil pump retaining bolts in sequence to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the oil pump screen and pickup tube.
- Install the oil pan.
- Install the timing chain components.
- Fill the engine with clean oil.
Connect the negative battery cable.
NOTECheck for proper engine oil pressure immediately after starting the engine. If engine oil pressure is not within specification a few seconds after starting the engine, stop the engine and determine the reason for the low oil pressure condition. Running an engine with low oil pressure may result in serious engine damage.