REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper intake manifold.
- Remove the fuel supply manifold.
- Disconnect the wiring at the injectors.
- Pull upward on the injector body while gently rocking it from side-to-side.
- Inspect the O-rings on the injector for any sign of leakage or damage. Replace any suspected O-rings.
- Inspect the plastic cap at the top of each injector and replace it if any sign of deterioration is noticed.
- Lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil only.
- Install the injectors by pushing them in with a gentle rocking motion.
- Install the fuel supply manifold.
- Connect the electrical wiring.
- Install the upper intake manifold.
- Turn the ignition switch from OFF to ON a at least half a dozen times, WITHOUT STARTING THE ENGINE, leaving it in the ON position for about 5 seconds each time. This will build up fuel pressure in the system. Start the engine and allow it to run at idle until normal operating temperature is reached. Check for leaks.