REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The combination manifold is equipped only on 6 cylinder engines
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner. Remove the carburetor linkage and kick down linkage from the engine.
- Disconnect the fuel line from the carburetor and all vacuum lines from the manifolds. Tag vacuum lines before removing.
- Unfasten the alternator wire connector, then remove the alternator mounting bolts and remove the alternator from the engine.
- Disconnect the muffler inlet pipe from the manifold.
- Remove the manifold retaining nuts/bolts from the engine. Remove the manifold assembly, with the carburetor attached.
- To separate the manifolds, remove the carburetor, then remove the nuts which secure the manifolds together.
- Clean all gasket areas and reverse above procedure to install using new gaskets. Tighten to specifications, in the proper sequence. Refer to the illustration.