REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
Some vehicles are equipped with gas-pressurized shock absorbers. Do not apply heat or flame to the shock absorber tube.
- Remove the nut, washer and bushing from the upper end of the shock absorber.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle by the frame rails allowing the front wheels to hang.
- Remove the 2 bolts securing the shock absorber to the lower control arm and remove the shock absorber.
- Prior to installation, purge the new shock of air by repeatedly extending it in its normal position and compressing it while inverted.
- Install a new bushing and washer on the top of the shock absorber and position the unit inside the front spring. Install the 2 lower attaching bolts and torque them to 13-16 ft. lbs. (17-23 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
- Place a new bushing and washer on the shock absorber top stud and install a new attaching nut. Tighten to 26 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).