REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Remove the headlight trim ring mounting screws and then the trim ring assembly.
When removing a headlight, identify the headlight retaining ring screws as well as the headlight adjustment screws. The slightest turn of the adjustment screws will mis-align the light, requiring adjustment. If the headlight is rectangular, there are four screws attached to the ring for each light. If the headlight is round, there are three screws attached to the ring on each light. Each light has two adjustment screws. The retaining ring screws are usually shorter than the adjustment screws. Also, the retaining ring flange can be followed by eye around or under the ring screws; while the adjustment screws are completely independent of the ring.
- Remove the screws that hold the headlight retaining ring to the headlight base, and remove the retainer.
- Pull the headlight forward and disconnect the wire plug. Remove the headlight.
- Attach a new headlight to the wiring plug.
- Position the light into the base and attach the retainer ring.
- Reinstall the headlight trim ring.