REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1, 2, 3 and 4
On later model vehicles pivot shafts and linkage are not serviceable. Pivot shafts and linkage must be replaced as an assembly.
- Disconnect the battery negative cable.
- Remove the wiper arms and blades from the pivots as an assembly.
- Remove the cowl grille from the car.
- Disconnect the linkage arm from the drive arm by removing the clip. Refer to the illustration.
- Remove the pivot attaching screws from the cowl and remove the pivot from the cowl.
On 1969-72 models, to remove the left wiper transmission, it is first necessary to loosen the attaching screws on the right wiper arm pivot.
- Install the wiper arm pivot shaft assemblies in the reverse order of removal. Check wipers/washers for proper operation and that the wipers "Park'' in the correct position. The arm and blade assemblies are positioned using a key and a keyway. If adjustment is required remove and reposition the assembly.