REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Locate the module on the ABS bracket. The bracket is located in the front left-hand frame inboard liner just under the driver's seat.
- Unplug the 40-pin connector from the module.
- Remove the retainers, slide the module off its bracket.
- Install the module and tighten the mounting screws to 62-80 inch lbs. (7-9 Nm).
- Engage the connector and tighten the bolt to 53-62 inch lbs. (6-7 Nm).
After reconnecting the battery, it may take 10 miles (16 km) or more of driving for the Powertrain Control Module to relearn its driveability codes.