REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Unplug the 12-pin connector from the unit, and the 2-pin connector from the pump motor.
- Disconnect the 5 inlet and outlet tubes from the unit. Immediately plug the ports.
The HCU assembly bracket contains locating hooks on top of the frame. The assembly must be lifted prior to pulling it away from the frame.
- Remove the 3 unit attaching nuts and lift out the unit.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the mounting nuts to 12-18 ft. lbs. (16-24 Nm) and the tube fittings to 10-18 ft. lbs. (13-24 Nm).
After reconnecting the battery, it may take 10 miles or more of driving for the Powertrain Control Module to relearn its driveability codes.
- Bleed the brakes.