REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the caliper, rotor and hub.
- Using a 3-jawed puller, remove the ring from the hub. The ring cannot be reused; it must be replaced.
- Support the hub in a press so that the lug studs do not rest on the work surface.
- Position the new sensor ring on the hub. Using a cylindrical adapter with a 98mm ID X 106mm OD, press the ring into place. The ring must be fully seated!
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.
The rear speed sensor ring is located on the differential case inside the axle housing. Once it is pressed off the case, it cannot be reused. This job should be left to a qualified service technician, as it requires the rear differential to be disassembled.