REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disengage the sensor two-pin connector from the wiring harness.
- Disengage the sensor cable from the brake hose clips.
- Loosen the retaining bolt from the front spindle (E-150 only) and slide the sensor from the mating hole. Remove the rotor on E-250 and 350 models.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the retaining bolt to 44-53 inch lbs. (5-6 Nm).
See Figure 1
- Disengage the wiring from the sensor.
- Loosen the hold-down bolt and remove the sensor from the axle housing.
- Thoroughly clean the mounting surfaces. Make sure no dirt falls into the axle. Clean the magnetized sensor pole piece. Metal particles can cause sensor problems. Replace the O-ring.
- Coat the new O-ring with clean engine oil.
- Position the new sensor on the axle. It should slide into place easily. Correct installation will allow a gap of 0.005-0.045 in. (0.13-1.14mm).
- Tighten the hold-down bolt to 25-30 ft. lbs. (34-41 Nm).
- Connect the wiring.