REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Depressurize the fuel system.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable(s).
- Raise the van and support it with safety stands.
- Drain the fuel from the tank into a suitable container by siphoning through the filler cap opening.
- On vehicles with dual tanks, drain the fuel tanks by disconnecting the connector hoses, then disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Disconnect the fuel gauge sending unit and pump wires, if possible. This may have to wait until the tank is partially lowered.
- Disconnect the fuel and vacuum lines.
- Position a piece of wood and a jack under the tank and support its weight.
- Loosen the filler tube retainers.
- Loosen the tank strap retainers and lower the straps.
- Lower the jack and remove the tank.
- Place the tank on the jack and raise in into position.
- Engage the straps and tighten the retainers.
- Install the filler tube retainers.
- Connect the fuel and vacuum lines.
- Engage the electrical connections.
- Lower the van and connect the battery cable(s).
- Pour fuel in the tank, start the van and check for leaks.