See Figure 1
- Turn the ignition OFF .
- Disconnect the leads from the glow plug.
- Connect a test lamp between the battery positive terminal and the glow plug. There should be continuity and the light should go on.
- If the light does not go on the plug is faulty and should be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 2
- Make sure the ignition switch is OFF .
- For 1994-96 engines, remove the valve cover.
- Disconnect the wire connector from the glow plug.
- Using a 10mm deep socket, with enough clearance as to not break or bend the wiring connector, unscrew the glow plug from the manifold.
- Place anti-seize on the threads of the glow plug and screw it into the manifold.
- Tighten the glow plug to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Plug the wiring connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- For 1995-96 engines, install the valve cover.