See Figure 1
- Turn the key to the OFF position.
- Lightly push a Phillips screwdriver through the 0.2 in. (5mm) diameter hole labeled RESET, and lightly press down and hold it.
- While maintaining pressure with the screwdriver, turn the key to the RUN position. The EMW lamp will light and stay lit as long as you keep pressure on the screwdriver. Hold the screwdriver down for about 5 seconds.
- Remove the screwdriver. The lamp should go out within 2-5 seconds. If not, repeat Steps 1-3.
- Turn the key OFF .
- Turn the key to the RUN position. The lamp will light for 2-5 seconds and then go out. If not, repeat the reset procedure.
If the light comes on between 15,000 and 45,000 miles (24,155-72,464 km) or between 75,000 and 105,000 miles (120,773-169,082 km), you'll have to replace the 1000 hour pre-timed module.1994-96 Models
There is no reset procedure for these models. The light will reset itself once the problem is rectified.