REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Remove the fan shroud, if required.
- If necessary, drain the cooling system and remove the radiator.
- Remove the drive belt from the pulley.
- On those engines with a separate pulley, matchmark the pulley to its mount, then remove the retaining bolts to separate the pulley from the vibration damper.
- Remove the vibration damper/pulley retaining bolt from the crankshaft end.
- Using a puller, remove the damper/pulley from the crankshaft.
- Align the key slot of the pulley hub to the crankshaft key, then install the damper, tightening the retaining hardware to specification.
- Install the drive belt.
- Install the radiator and fan shroud.
See Figure 9
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Detach the coolant reservoir hose at the radiator.
- Remove the fan and clutch assembly using Clutch Nut Wrench T83T-6312-B and Fan Clutch Pulley Holder T94T-6312-AH, or their equivalents. Turn the nut COUNTERCLOCKWISE, it is right-hand threaded. Rest the assembly in the fan shroud until the shroud is removed.
- Remove the fan shroud and fan and clutch assembly.
- Remove the radiator.
- Raise the vehicle and safely support it with jackstands.
- Remove the flywheel housing cover.
- Using a breaker bar to prevent the crankshaft from rotating, remove the crankshaft pulley bolt and washer.
- Remove the crankshaft vibration damper using a suitable puller.
- Apply RTV sealant to the damper keyway, then drive on the damper using a suitable installation tool set.
- Position a breaker bar to prevent the crankshaft from turning, then install the crankshaft pulley bolt and washer, tightening them to specification.
- Install the radiator, the fan and clutch and fan shroud assembly.
- Refill and bleed the cooling system.
- Check the oil level and refill as necessary.