REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
5.0L, 5.8L and 7.5L Engines
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Remove the front cover.
- Turn the crankshaft until the timing marks on the sprockets are aligned vertically.
- Remove the camshaft sprocket retainer and, if equipped, remove the fuel pump eccentric and washers.
- Alternately slide both of the sprockets and timing chain off the crankshaft and camshaft until free of the engine.
- Position the timing chain on the sprockets so that the timing marks on the sprockets are aligned vertically. Alternately slide the sprockets and chain onto the crankshaft and camshaft sprockets.
- Install the fuel pump eccentric washers and attaching bolt on the camshaft sprocket. Tighten to 40-45 ft. lbs. (54-61 Nm).
- Install the front cover.