REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- If equipped, disengage any door electrical wiring.
- Matchmark the hinge-to-body locations. Support the door either on jackstands or have somebody hold it for you.
- Remove the lower hinge-to-frame bolts.
- Remove the upper hinge-to-frame bolts and lift the door off of the body.
- Install the door and hinges with the bolts finger tight.
- Adjust the door and tighten the hinge bolts to 18-25 ft. lbs. (25-35 Nm).
Loosen the hinge-to-door bolts for lateral adjustment only. Loosen the hinge-to-body bolts for both lateral and vertical adjustment.
- Determine which hinge bolts are to be loosened and back them out just enough to allow movement.
- To move the door safely, use a padded pry bar. When the door is in the proper position, tighten the bolts to specification and check the door operation. There should be no binding or interference when the door is closed and opened.
- Door closing adjustment can also be affected by the position of the lock striker plate. Loosen the striker plate bolts and move the striker plate just enough to permit proper closing and locking of the door.