REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Open the door and remove the upper garnish moldings, quarter trim panel, lower stepwell panel and door lower latch cover, if equipped.
- Remove the lower latch from the guide assembly.
- Remove the upper and/or lower track stop assembly.
- Remove the center track shield and slide the door rearward and tilt the upper corner inward until the upper roller is off the track.
- Lift the lower roller off the track and the center roller from its track.
- Remove the door from the body.
- Install the door on the body and engage the lower and center roller's on their tracks.
- Install the upper roller on its track and slide the door forward.
- Install the center track.
- Dependimg on which and/or was removed, install the upper or lower track stop assembly.
- Install the lower on the guide assembly.
- install the upper garnish moldings, quarter trim panel, lower stepwell panel and door lower latch cover, if equipped.
In and Out
- Loosen the upper roller retaining nut or screws and move the door in or out as required to obtain a flush fit. Tighten the nut.
- Support the door so that no up or down movement can occur during the adjustment.
- Loosen the retaining screws on the lower guide and move the guide forward to obtain a closer fit to the body, or rearward to move it away from the body at the B-pillar. Tighten the screws.
To adjust the front edge of the door:
- Loosen the three lower guide attaching screws and rotate the guide at the lower attaching screw to obtain the desired up or down position. Tighten the screws.
- Loosen the upper roller bracket screws and adjust the bracket so that the bottom edge of the roller assembly is about 1 / 16 inch from the bottom flange of the upper track. Tighten the screws.
To adjust the rear edge of the door:
- Remove the rear hinge assembly mounting bolt covers.
- With the door open, loosen the hinge assembly attaching screws and move the hinge assembly up or down until the hinge pin is horizontal and the roller is seated properly on the center track. Tighten the screws. Adjust the rear latch striker.
To adjust the rear latch striker:
- Loosen the striker bolts just enough to move the striker.
- Move the striker as required to obtain proper fit with the latch.
- Remove the center track shield nuts from inside the vehicle and the remaining 2 screws holding the center track shield from the outside. On the short wheelbase models, the rear side marker lamp must be removed to gain access to the rear center track rear attaching screws.
- Remove the center track shield.
- Loosen the three bolts at the hinge check. These bolts must be kept loose when making the fore-aft adjustment.
- Remove the B-pillar post trim panel.
- Loosen the 2 striker screws and remove the striker.
- Fit the door in the opening and adjust the door check so that it is fully engaged with the upper hinge lever and the check bumper is firmly depressed with the hinge casting.
- Install the front striker assembly and add or remove shims as necessary.