REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise the van and support it with safety stands.
- Use a wrench inserted from the rear side of the spring upper seat, and hold the shock absorber upper nut.
- Loosen the stud by turning the hex on the exposed (lower) part of the stud and remove the nut.
- Loosen and remove the lower shock absorber bolt and nut.
- Remove the shock absorber.
When installing a new shock absorber, use new rubber bushings. Position the shock absorber on the mounting brackets with the stud end at the top.
- While holding the nut tighten the hex head fastener to 18-28 ft. lbs. (25-37 Nm) on 1989-91 models and 25-35 ft. lbs. (34-47 Nm) on 1992-96 models.
- Install the bolt and nut and tighten to 40-60 ft. lbs. (55-81 Nm) on 1989-91 models and 50-68 ft. lbs. (68-92 Nm) on 1992-96 models.