See Figures 1 through 5
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Relieve fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper intake manifold assembly.
- Tag and disengage any vacuum lines and electrical connections that will hinder fuel supply manifold removal.
- Disengage the fuel lines from the manifold.
- Remove the fuel supply manifold retaining bolts. Carefully disengage the manifold from the fuel injectors and remove the manifold.
- Make sure the injector caps are clean and free of contamination.
- Place the fuel supply manifold over each injector and seat the injectors into the manifold. Make sure the caps are seated firmly.
Tighten the fuel supply manifold retaining bolts as follows:
1989-96 4.9L engines: 70-105 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm).
- Engage the fuel lines and any wiring and vacuum lines disconnected during removal.
- Install the upper intake manifold assembly.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Start the van and check for leaks.