REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the windshield wiper switch knob.
- Remove the ignition switch bezel.
- Remove the headlamp switch knob and shaft by pulling the switch to the headlamp ON position then depress the button on top of the switch and pull the knob and shaft out of the headlamp switch.
- Remove the two screws at the bottom of the finish panel. Then, carefully pry the two upper retainers away from the instrument panel assembly.
- Disengage the connector from the wiper switch.
- Remove the wiper switch attaching screws and remove the switch.
- Install the switch and tighten the screws.
- Engage the wiper switch electrical connection.
- Install the ignition switch and bezel.
- Install the headlight switch.
- Install the wiper switch knob.
- Install the finish panel and screws.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper operation.
The wiper switch on these models is part of the multi-function switch located on the steering column. For details concerning removal and installation of this component, please refer to Suspension & Steering of this repair guide.