- Remove the RABS sensor from the axle housing.
- Connect a Digital Volt/Ohm Meter (DVOM) set on the 20K ohms scale across the two sensor terminals and record the reading.
- If the resistance is more than 2500 ohms, the module is defective and must be replaced.
- If the resistance is less than 2500 ohms, check the sensor wiring for an open circuit. Repair the circuit and test the sensor again.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Thoroughly clean the axle housing around the sensor.
- Disconnect the electrical harness plug from the sensor.
- Remove the sensor hold-down bolt.
- Remove the sensor by pulling it straight out of the axle housing.
- Ensure that the axle surface is and that no dirt can enter the housing.
- If a new sensor is being installed, lubricate the O-ring with clean engine oil. Carefully push the sensor into the housing aligning the mounting flange hole with the threaded hole in the housing. Tighten the hold-down bolt to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm). If the old sensor is being installed, clean it thoroughly and install a new O-ring coated with clean engine oil.