REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The multi-function switch provides electrical switch for the turn signal switch, headlamp dimmer, headlamp flash-to-pass, hazard warning, windshield washer and wiper switch. The assembly is mounted on the steering column.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the retainers and remove the steering column shroud.
- Loosen the self tapping screws that engage the switch to the column casting.
- Tag and disengage the electrical connections from the switch being careful not to damage the locking tabs.
- Remove the switch.
- Engage the electrical connections and install the switch.
- Install the self tapping screws and tighten them to 18-27 inch lbs. (2-3 Nm).
- Check the PRNDL is correct when the transmission is shifted.
- Install the shroud and tighten the retainers.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check for proper switch operation.