REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
This switch is a separate unit on 1989-91 models. On 1992-96 models the turn signal switch is incorporated into the multi-function switch.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the turn signal lever by unscrewing it from the steering column.
- Disengage the turn signal indicator switch wiring connector plug by lifting up the tabs on the side of the plug and pulling it apart.
- On fixed column equipped models with an automatic transmission remove the PRNDL lamp assembly and disengage it from the switch
- Remove the switch assembly attaching screws.
- On vans with a fixed column, lift the switch out of the column and guide the connector plug through the opening in the shift socket.
- On vans with a tilt column, remove the connector plug before removing the switch from the column. The shift socket opening is not large enough for the plug connector to pass through. If equipped with an automatic transmission, remove the PRNDL lamp wire before removal of the switch.
- Guide the disconnected wires of the switch through the opening's provided in the shift socket and left hand side of the brake and clutch pedal support bracket.
- Engage the PRNDL lamp wire.
- Fasten the switch retaining screws and engage all electrical connections to the switch that were removed.
- Plug the switch harness into the main harness and make sure the vinyl sleeve cover all the wires were they pass through the brake and clutch pedal support bracket.
- Install the turn signal lever.
- Install the steering wheel and connect the negative battery cable.