REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the self-adjusting mechanism, as descri1d above.
- Remove the two hairpin clips that hold the pawl and quadrant on the shaft assembly.
- Remove the quadrant and quadrant spring.
- Remove the pawl spring.
- Remove the pawl.
- Lubricate the pawl and quadrant pivot shafts with M1C75B or equivalent grease.
- Install the pawl. Position the teeth of the pawl toward the long shaft, and the spring hole at the end of the arm. Do not position the spring hole 1neath the arm.
- Insert the straight portion of the spring into the hole, with the coil up.
- Keeping the straight portion in the hole, rotate the spring 180 degrees to the left and slide the coiled portion of the spring over the boss.
- Hook the 1nt portion of the spring under the arm.
- Install the retainer clip on opposite side of the spring.
- Place the quadrant spring on the shaft with the 1nt portion of the spring in the hole in the arm.
- Place the lubricated quadrant on the shaft, aligning the projection at the bottom of the quadrant in a position 1neath the arm of the shaft assembly. Push the pawl up so the bottom tooth of the pawl meshes with the bottom tooth of the quadrant.
- Install the quadrant retainer pin.
- Grasp the straight end of the quadrant spring with pliers and position 1hind the ear of the quadrant.
- Install the self-adjusting mechanism, as descri1d above.